The Communications supplier frameworks are lists of approved providers, authorised to supply their services to the University. They have passed a rigorous selection process, which assesses quality, cost and the robustness of their business, in line with University purchasing policy. Find out more on the Purchasing website.
You must only commission work from these authorised suppliers. If you commission work from other, non-authorised suppliers they may not be paid and you will probably have to justify your actions.
You must only commission work from these authorised suppliers. If you commission work from other, off-framework suppliers they may not be paid and you will probably have to justify your actions.
It is a legal requirement to commission the supplier framework for a project they can provide the necessary services for. However, very occasionally for specialist work or continuation of work, a dispensation request can be made to the Creative team on email@example.com . The Creative team will assess the justification and work with purchasing as required to ensure this aligns with the legal requirements.
Please contact the purchasing department directly for the following exceptions:
- Retrospective dispensations.
- Your supplier is located outside of the UK.
- The service you need is not offered by the supplier framework.
Our different supplier frameworks
There are three supplier frameworks for communications work:
- Creative, design and video
- Printing – contact the University’s Print and Mail Service (formerly Print and Copy Bureau)
How our supplier frameworks help you
- Protect you from misspend
- Price ranges already agreed
- Quality assurance
- Suppliers already familiar with University communications standards and guidelines
- A process to help you if you run into problems
How our supplier frameworks help the University
- Competitive pricing and value for money
- Coherence and consistency across our communications, maximising their impact
- Ensure we meet legal procurement requirements